Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New York

Warning:
This post contains a zillion pictures. If you're bored at work... or a family member... read on.

Since I could go on forever about this trip, I think I'll just explain some of the pictures. It'll be easier on you (and me) that way.

When you walk out of Walton's door... you're about a block away from David Letterman's set. Walt said that if you want to see a celebrity... just hang out around the side door after filming.
I kind of wanted to, but, alas, I resisted.

IMG_3943

A random stop light...

IMG_3948IMG_3955
Sister walking towards Central Park.
IMG_3956IMG_3954

Sayyyyyyy Cheese!
Yes, I carried around a giant camera bag - all over the city, all day long.
I got some good pics, but I paid a serious price. Apparently, self tanner can't take the wear and tear of two heavy bags (my purse is practically a diaper bag) and 100 degree heat. I looked like I had a skin condition by the end of day 1.

IMG_3958

Creepin' on random dude in the park.

IMG_3962

Sisters | Central Park

IMG_3968IMG_3972IMG_3976

Smitty, Radio City Music Hall

IMG_3982

Sweatin' it up in the Subway

IMG_3984

I mean, I love Theory, but don't read too much into the photo. This is not my way of paying homage to the Theory people.
Just the view I had from lunch... cool building though :)

IMG_3993

Where the World Trade Center once was... pretty depressing...
After about 20 minutes (and nearly an anxiety attack) in Century 21 I ran outside for some air.
This is the view from the curb in front of Century 21.
...
I sat on the side of the road just staring at it for a while. Wow.
It's crazy | sad | sickening if you really think about all of the horrible things that happened here, only a few years ago.

IMG_4002

Moving on to a much HaPpIeR place-- Times Square!

IMG_4011

... where you can find all sorts of freaks and geeks. - like a miniature man dressed up as Sponge Bob Square Pants.
BTW, please excuse the horrible get-up I was wearing on day 2.
I thought that I was in the company of people who actually cared about me and what I look like! Why my sister and best friend let me outta the house looking like this - I will never know.
It was a maternity shirt, guys. I need help.

IMG_4012IMG_4016

Of course we had to go to Toys R Us (in Times Square) to get Chappy some goodies.
But don't think we didn't have a little fun while we were there.
Ummm... the Barbie department? Uber cool.
Did you know they make Barbie video cameras now? The camera lens is a part of Barbie's necklace! I would've wanted that so bad.
(We had to get a picture with Edward and Jacob).

IMG_4025

Haha... us Sinrod girls wouldn't have been allowed to have these guys...
My parents didn't buy us Ken dolls...
I don't really know why... but that's another story for another time.
Let's just say that we were resourceful and made do with what we had.

IMG_4026

Walton gettin' her grove on with the Dance Dance Revolution Super NOVA.

IMG_4030IMG_4031IMG_4034

Check Smith's blog for an explanation regarding these ladies...

IMG_4035IMG_4042IMG_4044

The Empire State Building... Wally tells me that it is full of dental offices... kind of funny.

IMG_4046

Cool view from lunch.

IMG_4049

We had delicious Sangria... it was such a perfect (carefree) lunch.

IMG_4057

Goofy picture of us in the cab... Once again, I over-straightened my hair.

IMG_4070IMG_4075

After Ellis Island, you go here... I think to be "decontaminated" one last time? I need to research this. My dad's dad came through here on his way over from Russia as a baby. It's a cool story. Again... another story for another time. It's 10:45 at night and way past my bedtime!

IMG_4077IMG_4084IMG_4086

I like sugar.

IMG_4088IMG_4095IMG_4092IMG_4098IMG_4101IMG_4110

Nearly fell off the boat trying to get some pics of her...

IMG_4119IMG_4124IMG_4130

After the Circle Line (cruise around the city) we were able to view our "fam" pic. I decided to save 20 bucks and took a picture of our picture. I got in trouble and was forced to run away.

IMG_4140

That's about it!
After the boat ride we went to dinner at a really cool French restaurant, but I already forgot the name. My memory is pitiful these days.

I had such a great time.
Walton, thank you so much for letting us stay with you, even though you were in the middle of moving!
And Smith, thanks for taking me everywhere, showing me around and not freaking out when I always insisted on "a plan."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails