Monday, August 15, 2011

Big Girl Bed!

Wow!
What a milestone for us!

Yesterday, on kind of a whim, we decided to get Chappell her first big girl bed.

We did this because, Reed and I are still deciding if we want to sell or keep Chappell's crib for the next baby due to the drop down rail. We figured that we can't make any sort of decision, or try to sell it, until Chaps made a move.

So we headed over to good ole Big Lots and purchased a twin mattress and box springs.
Later on in the afternoon, Chappell was so excited about her "big girl bed" that we decided we should go ahead and set it up even though we don't have a comforter or actual bed yet. I'm hoping to get a day bed for her, we'll see if that actually happens. BTW, does this nursery/big girl room shopping ever seem to end?
I feel like I need so many things to get ready for this new baby... and I didn't really expect it to be this way at all!

Anyways... I'm totally rambling--- we went ahead and set up her new room and broke down the crib. I'm not gonna lie, I was really sad about this. I thought she had at least another month or so in the crib and I hadn't mentally prepared myself for this milestone!
The hours crept on by and it was finally bedtime.
We did the same routine as always... bath, books, rock & sing w/ mommy... then it was time for the big ollllllle bed.

I tucked her in and said goodnight.
She got out one time, I put her back in.
Sang one more song, and left again.
She babbled for a while and asked for help, but then went right on to sleep.
I actually woke her up this morning because I was nervous something was wrong! Yes, even though I could tell from the video monitor that she was totally fine.

Right now she is napping in her big girl bed for the first time and she hasn't made a peep. She went right to sleep.

What the heck? I thought this was going to be horrible?

Knock on wood, pray, cross your fingers-- do whatever it is that you do--- that it will stay this way!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails