Friday, August 5, 2011

Big News!

I can't believe I'm just blogging this now... in typical 2nd child fashion...
WE ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!

My 16 week appointment was Wednesday morning.
I paid for an extra ultrasound, just like I did with Chaps, so I didn't have to wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender.
Impatient much?
I wasn't nearly as anxious this go around as I was with Chappell, until the day before the appointment. Tuesday crept by so slowly!
Anyways, as soon as she put the ultrasound (wand?) on my stomach the baby rolled over and I caught a glimpse of his umm, you know, boy parts.
I told Reed and the tech that it was a boy immediately!
The tech said she needed to confirm that what I saw was in fact a little boy and not just swollen girl parts... she told us a few moments later that I was right!
Reed and I are both so excited. We couldn't believe it... I think we both thought after Chaps that we would have a house full of girls.
I can't describe how excited and happy I am to get to experience a little boy...
I never had a brother and I've always wondered what it would be like to have a boy in my family...
Even though this lil' man won't be my own brother, I'll get to experience what it's like to have a son... and I'm so excited to see his relationship develop with Chappellina throughout the years. It will be different, that's for sure.
Although I really want Chappell to have a sister some day, I think nothing could be more perfect for her than a little brother. Chappell is without a doubt the princess of our entire family and loves being the center of attention-- and the thought of having another little girl right after her made me a little nervous. I didn't want her to experience anger or jealousy... or question herself with another girl to compete with... does that sound weird?
I feel like a little brother will be much less threatening for her, and I think that will make adjusting to a new sibling much easier. She loves all things girly, but also loves to get dirty and play with the boys.

I really don't know what to expect but I can't wait to meet my little boy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails