Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hello!
Here I am a month later.
I should probably be showering and doing things around the house right now while Chacha is sleeping-- but, alas, I shall blog.
It's been a while and there are so many things I've been wanting to
record for prosperity's sake... but the second I sit down at the computer, these thoughts are gone. No where to be found.
So, what has been going on at the crazy Willy's house?

Let's see.
My sweet baby girl will turn 3 on Friday.
Whattttt on earth? How is this possible? I do not know.
She is so wonderful and hilarious and all things awesome right now-- I don't want her to grow another day and get any older.
While this age is great in so many ways, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that th
ere are moments where I want to pull my hair out.
Like last night for instance...
Chaps has been (successfully) potty trained for months, but last night proudly proclaimed (while at a friends house for dinner) that she had pooped in her pants.
I mean, what the heck?

I do know, however, that we are very lucky with this little girl. Although she can be stubborn, she usually gives in pretty easily.
I keep thinking that maybe baby Collier will be a monster since his sister has been so easy on us.
She is still taking one 2-3 hour nap every day... thank the Lord. Don't know what I would do
without nap time!!
She still sleeps very well-- today she woke up around 8:15 am. Some mornings are earlier, you never know-- but as far as sleep goes, in general-- we are very lucky with her habits.
I'm fully aware that as soon as this little man arrives, I'll be awake around the clock.

I might be completely naive, but I'm not really that worried about adding another baby to the mix? Is that dumb?

I know from experience that having a newborn is tough-- but I feel like this go around it's not really going to change things that much. I think my mothering style is much different now than it was in the beginning... not quite as up tight.
All of my personal freedoms and private time have been gone for 3 years now... so what will change with a new baby? Another mouth to feed? I don't know... I'm just not that concerned. I stay up very late working as it is... I get up early...
PLUS... I didn't drink coffee when Chappell was a baby. What was I thinking? Caffeine is my saving grace!
Say a PRAYER that I am right!!
Or just send me to a good shrink...

So, baby Collier is scheduled to arrive via C-section on January 11th.
I'm currently 34 weeks, 1 day.
This pregnancy -- knock on wood please-- has been so great!
It really has. After the initial morning sickness... this thing's been a piece of cake.
Maybe it's because I'm busier than I used to be? Maybe it's becau
se I already have Chappellina to keep my mind off of things? Who knows.
After I had Chaps I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever want to be pregnant again...
this pregnancy has me hoping that I will be pregnant again.
Life is odd.
I guess we change.

Christmas decorations are up (thx mom!) and we are loving the new house.
The nursery is done... and I love it! It's so neutral and peaceful in t
here. It's exactly what I wanted for our little baby boy. I need to take some pictures and post them here before the baby gets here. Everyone knows the nursery never looks the same post-baby. Ha.
The painters should be finishing Collier's bathroom tomorrow night. It had orange wallpaper before... I chose Galveston Grey for the bathroom and Revere Pewter for the nursery. Both Benjamin Moore colors that I love. Thank you, Pinterest!!

Pictures to come of:
Chaps visiting Santa... she marched right up to him and told him that she wanted a "Christmas Chicken." She meant to say she wanted a "Princess Kitchen"... whic
h is in fact a Princess dollhouse... Guess she was nervous??
Chaps family birthday on Friday...
Chaps 3rd Birthday party... happening on Saturday morning...
Collier's unsuccessful 4d ultrasound...
and the nursery!

Here's a screenshot of our 2011 Christmas Card:


1 comment:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Haha that made me laugh out loud about Chaps requesting a "Christmas Chicken" b/c she was nervous. Cute thing. :)

I feel the same way about motherhood the second time around. I know it will be challenging, but I think having been through it once gives you a certain level of confidence (I may be be eating those words in a few months) that wasn't there the first go round. I just get so excited thinking about having an itty baby again and can't wait to soak up every second, truly understanding this time how unbelievably quickly time passes by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails