Monday, October 5, 2009

It's been busy...

I haven't blogged in a while. Oops.
Real life has taken over... and consequently, the blog's fallen to the wayside.

So what's been goin' on?
A birthday party, a baby shower, the Seaside Garage Sale, crashed a girls night, learning to sew, and last but not least, my house has been turned into a Smitten by Smith sweatshop.
Smith came in town Friday and we've been pretty busy throughout her stay.
Since she's been here, I've made one dress and two pillow cases. I'm glad to say I can finally (barely) use a sewing machine. It's taken a little practice, but I think I'm getting there.

Today Smith and Collier (Smith's partner in crime and Sales Rep) have been at my house getting a lot of work done... we have a lot to do before Market in Atlanta next week.
Needless to say, Chappell's been watching a bit more of Sesame Street today than usual.

On Saturday, Smith and I went over to Seaside for the town garage sale. I found some great remnants of upholstery fabric for... get this... ONE DOLLAR each! I recovered two pillows this weekend for about 50 cents. Let me tell you... that felt good... damnnnnnnn good.
Here are my pillows... and first dress...

Please excuse the cell phone pictures. I will replace later.
Back to work!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails