Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm having a little trouble...

with blogging lately. I feel like I am so busy and never have time to do it the "right" way.
My posts are rushed. Writing's getting sloppy.
I'm in a rut.
Sorry for that.
Anywho,
just to document a little bit of what's going on around these parts...

My sister came in town on Monday afternoon to spend a few days with us before returning to Atlanta.
Last night we headed over to Baytowne for dinner. Both of us were craving sushi so we decided on a Japanese place - I think it's called Sushi Rocks.
Chappell wasn't really in the mood for eating out I suppose, and was pretty restless throughout the meal. Reed offered to take her to the playground while Smith and I waited for the check.

After we paid... Smith and I sauntered towards the park to find Reed and Chaps.
It didn't take long to find them. Reed was sitting with C on a bench close to the restaurant looking like he'd seen a ghost. At first glance, nothing was noticeably wrong with my baby... but when she removed her fingers from her mouth - I was horrified.
Blood!
Apparently, Chappell tripped and took a bite out of a park bench.

So, yesterday's milestone: first bloody lip.

Ahhh! I wanted to cry.

A side note... I'm a certifiable FREAK. I couldn't help myself from asking some of the other moms if they thought it would scar or not. Much to my relief, they all said no - and quite sympathetically I might add. Ahhhhh the mom bond. Ha!
------
On the moving front, I think things are starting to come together.
We found a rental and we are pretty sure we have a renter. Reed doesn't get excited about this sort of thing until it's in writing, but the renter was supposed to sign her lease last night.
I should probably check on this.

The big move will take place the weekend of May 1st.
I haven't packed a single thing.
I am supposed to go find boxes today. One of my many errands for today...
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails