Monday, October 13, 2008

Birmingham Baby Shower

What a memorable weekend! Smith arrived Wednesday afternoon. We had great sista bonding time- lots of shopping, pedicures and lunches all week long. She helped me find some clothing that may flatter my huge bod. Ha! It was great to have the entire day to piddle around together.
Mom & Dad arrived on Friday around 5ish. We went to one of our favorites, the Fish Market for dinner and then picked ML up at the airport around 8:45. Thanks, ML for coming all the way from DC for the shower! It was so nice to have little Mags back in the South.
Saturday, Cover got in town just in time for lunch. Thank you Cover-- I know the drive from Memphis is rough... I had so much fun with you!
Saturday night we had an awesome cookout/shindig at the house-- courtesy of grill master Reed (see pic). I didn't help at all, as we were running around like crazy people most of Saturday. Bloom, Hunter, Laura, Sarah, Cover & the fam dined on burgers, dogs & asian slaw. Delish-- and it was really fun to hang out w/ everyone! Hunter, thank you very much for the musical entertainment. I will never think of the # 5 the same. I will post pics of the cookout soon!
Sunday was the day of the main event. Meg, Buddy, Emily & Will (sister-in-law, in-laws & nephew) all drove up from Ozark to be there. It meant a lot to me! Emily made Chappell a zillion adorable bibs, burp cloths, onesies-- and the beautiful crib bumpers and bed skirt. I still can't believe she actually made them. The woman is talented!
Chappell got some awesome presents. Thank you SO much to all of the hostesses and everyone for being there. It really meant a lot to me and my family. We had a great time!

By the way, I'm fully aware that I look like a cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly, I'm so sorry I had to miss it!!! You look adorable, and I can't get over the picture of you, Russell and Marlee! Your gifts should be arriving soon, but I was thinking about you and Reed and can't wait to see Chappell soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails