Friday, November 6, 2009

Hittin' the track

****Reed, stop now. You shouldn't read this. I know you don't like it when I talk like this... quick, shield your eyes!

9 months up, 9 months down.
Well that's what they say. About baby weight anyways.
As we hone in on the 1st anniversary of Chappell's arrival here on earth... a few pounds are still lingering.
Spare tire style.
I'm not saying things were (even close to) perfect before, but it was certainly better... that is before pregnancy chewed me up and spit me out.

So,
I've decided to do something about it (again).

Dear friend Marlee, (mother of Eleanor, fellow memba of KD pledge class 02, smocker friend, etc.) told me about this running program she did a few months back. It sounded rather intriguing.
It's called Couch to 10K.
*I should mention, my goal is not to run a 10K.
That just seems a little too lofty a goal for myself. I'm aiming for a 5K.
This probably sounds silly to some, but I've never been a runner! I was usually the last one rounding the track in grade school... huffing and puffing the whole way...
Oh the chubby years...

I know I'm not the first to blog about this, but I'm mentioning it here in hopes that it will make me feel somewhat accountable.
I told Reed of my plans to start on Monday and he seemed to find some humor in the idea.

Me: "What's so funny?"
Reed: "I just think it's funny how you like to have all of these hobbies."
My brain: "?"
Me: "Thanks. And I still like smocking by the way."

Check out the website. I'm going to buy some running shoes when we get home on Sunday.

COUCH to 10K (in 10 weeks) and 5K (in 7 weeks)

I'm gonna die.

------

Chappell's 1st Birthday party invitations arrived yesterday. I can't wait to show them to you...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails