Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Anniversary Trip Weekend!

I feel like I have a lot to blog about. For Memorial Day Weekend (and more importantly, our 2nd anniversary) Reed surprised me with a trip to Apalachicola. For those of you who haven't been to Flor-Ida's "forgotten coast," you really should go. Apalachicola is a quaint OLD southern town about 70 miles east of Panama City... it's a great place for fishing and hanging out on the water.

Saturday we hung out at Boss Oyster house and ate way more than two people ever should. We had raw oysters, several variations of baked oysters, crawfish-- and after that I don't really remember because we were already on to our second pitcher. It was a great time after we switched tables to get away from the diving sea gulls. Reed, as always, thought it was hilarious to watch me squirm in the presence of... the birds. He took a few pictures while they were hovering above. I look quite awkward, wouldn't you say?? The real estate magazine was for bird swatting...

We stayed at the Gibson Inn. It was really cool, even though it is haunted. I thought it was haunted even before I read a magazine in the lobby stating that the ghost of an old ship captain still lingers in room 309... which was our room! Needless to say, we didn't stay for the third night. BTW, I just googled the "Gibson Inn" to find a picture for the blog, and found more information on the ghost of room 309. I heard some knocking the second night and when I nudged Reed to tell him, he said:

"Holland, it was me. I think I pooted in my sleep. We aren't talking about this at 3:50 am."

Wow.
Since I was freaked out and really missed Chappell, we (I) decided to join Emmy, Buddy, Meg & Will at Bay Point Sunday night. We took the kids to the pool and put Chappy's little feet in. I think I'm going to wait a couple more weeks before we totally submerge her in the water, but she loved getting her feet wet! She drew them up really quickly and looked startled the first time Reed dunked them in the water. It seems like most people wait until 6 months to bring babies into the pool. Although, I'm not really sure why. I've heard 6 month shots... thoughts from other moms??

Reed and I had a really good time, but I just don't think I'm ready to spend three nights away from the Chapster. I'm officially a mom, and a sappy one at that.
MORE ABOUT the ChApMeIsTeR...
-She can sit up on her own for about 20-30 seconds
-Roll both ways
-Screaming high pitched sounds (totally adorable when she moves her arms at the same time)
-Seems to be reaching out her arms when she wants to be picked up
I'm in love! I'll post separately pictures of her playing with cousin Will over the weekend and a couple (kind of blurry) of her sitting up on her own. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Next post to come, Chappell's visit to Beach Box 09! I need y'all to send me pics :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails