Thursday, May 7, 2009

Attempts at Solo Sitting

I've faced it. Right now while Chappell is still quite little and her schedule is so strict, I'm kind of a loser. AND, (disclaimer: I know you aren't supposed to start a sentence with "and") I'm about to become even more of a loser once I get her naps scheduled, too. Since I've prefaced with a full and complete admission of such loserhood, I can now begin my story.
Yesterday, during one of Chappell's naps I was looking at some of my friends' mom-blogs. Cool, I know- well, one blog led to another, and another... until I stumbled upon a blog of a girl I know from college. Her baby is a couple of weeks younger than Chappell... so when I saw a picture of him holding himself up in a sitting position... I told Chappell it was time to get to work!

She is a very good sitter (also not a word)... I mean, she wants to sit up all of the time. However, she hasn't quite grasped the balance aspect of sitting yet. I'm wasn't even slightly concerned because babies don't usually sit up on their own until around 6-8 months. So... Chappell being only 5 months old (in 2 days), I'm not too worried.

Anyways, the picture below is her attempt to sit up solo. She was totally terrified and I think a little angry.

2 comments:

VA said...

HA! No need to get competitive with your baby this early on :)

Holland said...

ha thats why i thought it was funny

Related Posts with Thumbnails