Monday, September 21, 2009

Back w/ my babe

This morning I left Santa Rosa Beach and drove to Pensacola as fast as I (safely) could.  I got here around 10:45 this morning. 
To my surprise, I found Chappellina in the tub.  
She was happy as a clam, just-a splish-splashin' and playing with Mimi.  She was super excited (couldn't stop clapping & laughing) to see her mama, which of course made me feel like a million bucks.
Back to the tub.  
Apparently my poor mother underestimated my mischievous baby Chappell.  
Mom (aka Mimi) put ChaCha down for her morning nap wearing only a dress - no bloomers, no leggings.  For those of you who don't have children, this gives a curious baby girl easy access to their diaper and diaper straps.  Are those called straps?  Flaps?  I'm drawing a blank.
I don't do this at home because I've heard horror stories from my own childhood that will be etched in my memory forever.
Once Chappell woke up from her nap, mom headed up stairs to get her.  She knew something was up when she was hit with a toxic stench about halfway up the stairs.  
And this is how she found my little baybay:
It was everywhere...  poo covered her face, sort of like war paint.  She didn't stop there.  She went to town and smeared it all over the white crib bumpers & sheet.  
My mom said she was as happy as "a pig in the mud."  
Yuck.

After the poo debacle, I ran a few errands around town. 
I'm glad to say that I went to a local sewing store here with a great smocking teacher-- and I have a new project on the horizon.  She teaches classes, and I'm going to sign up for a few of those.  
Until then, (since my sewing machine is still in SRB) she's pleating & putting together a bishop dress for me to smock.  I bought a bishop pattern, and my homework is to cut it out tonight.  
So that's exciting.  More on the project later!

2 comments:

Anna Belle Wilder Norton said...

HAHAHAHAH hilarious picture!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna vom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails