Tuesday, January 19, 2010

NUHHH!

Chappell told me "no" for the first time today.
It actually sounded more like "nuh." It was (to date) one of the funniest moments of my life.

Before I begin, I should mention that Chappell has become fascinated with opening and closing doors. She loves to peek her head around the door... make eye contact... then slam the door in your face.
Pretty funny - I get it.
As fun as this game may be for my little gal, I have to play Bad Cop most of the time for the sake of her tiny digits.

After sitting in the doorway to our bathroom ( & getting slammed repeatedly) for about five minutes, I told Chappell it was time to come out of the bathroom.

I motioned and said, "Chappell, it's time to come out of mama's bathroom. Come on."

She turned, looked straight at me and said "NUH" while shaking her head from side to side.

And I died laughing.

Ever day Chaps is taking a few steps and is doing something new. She's become a little mimic and will copy words from time to time.
This kid is keeping me seriously entertained.

Did I mention that Chappy can read?
The book might be upside down... and Chaps is likely speaking her own language... but it's a start.
Oh, toddler hood is before my very eyes.

*PARDON CELL PHONE PIC! I'M REGRESSING.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails