Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

Ahh, Monday.

We had such a great weekend! Liz and Taylor arrived Thursday night around 7:45. They were shocked that it took them less than 3 hours to get here from Montgomery, AL. Hopefully this means they will come back soon.

Friday (while Taylor & Reed were hard at work), Liz and I shopped around Rosemary and Santa Rosa Beach. Around noon, we met ReeRee for lunch at George's in Alys Beach. It was my first trip to George's, and I think I will have to add it to our "go-to" restaurant list.

Before dinner Liz and I made (what was supposed to be) a quick trip to Wine World in Sandestin. It was my first trip to W.W. - and I was impressed. They had my favorite wine in stock (which can be hard to find), so they're top notch in my book. PS, I made Reed aware of this as soon as I got home, so there are no excuses... for special occasions, of course.
While at W.W., Liz and I opted to give the wine sampling "carousels" a try. The wine carousel is a magical machine. You prepay at the register and they give you a credit card, of sorts. You simply swipe the card and press the button that corresponds with the wine you want to try. You can sample as many wines as you want... until your card runs out of money. I first saw this incredible machine on an episode of Samantha Brown... you know, the girl from the Travel Channell? Anywho, we thought this was quite fun.

For dinner, (Friday night) Reed cooked six filets O' grouper, Greek style. I think he calls it Athenian Grouper... but I might be making this up. It's really good, and seems to be pretty easy. I will post his recipe soon. Our friends JuJu and David joined us for dinner, and a wonderful time was had by all!

Saturday began w/ a much needed trip to Another Broken Egg at Baytowne Wharf (in Sandestin). The place is good -- but we were less than pleased with the 45 minute wait. Not cool. Already feeling a little under the weather from the night before, I was almost certain that I was going to die. One heaping serving of Eggs Benedict and two Advils later, I was ready for more shopping with my partna in crime.
Lizzy and I hit some pretty cool spots while Reed and Taylor stayed home with Chappy. Smiths Antiques, KiKi Risa, Saks Off 5th, Restoration Hardware Clearance Center, and Scavengers to name a few. It was hard to restrain myself...
You know what else was hard to restrain myself from? Setting the outlets on fire. Sometimes I cannot stand the tourists around here.
*I didn't really want to set the outlets on fire. Maybe just trip a few people?

Saturday night we got a babysitter for Miss Chappy and had a night out on the town. If any of you are ever down in this area, you should check out Basmatis. They don't appear to have a website, so I cannot include a link. I'm sure many of you have been there... it's been around for years, but MAN, it's delish. I'm a lover of all things Asian (food-wise), so this is one of my favorite places. We made a quick trip to Bud and Alley's and called it a night.

What a fun & relaxing weekend! Chappell bonded with Taylor and Liz immediately - it was hilarious, she really had a thing for Taylor. We now refer to T as "the baby whisperer," and Chappell is very sad that he's gone.

Tomorrow we are off to P-cola. I have a haircut and Chappell has her 8 month photo shoot with Cook Images.

PS: Yesterday was Chappy's 8 month birthday-- Happy Birthday, Chappell!

7monthsold 094


7monthsold 100


7monthsold 097


7monthsold 095

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails