Monday, June 29, 2009

Dad's Birthday Extravaganza!

As you already know (if you read this blog), we left for the Grayton house on Wednesday to celebrate my dad's birthday. We had a great time, but I'm so glad to get back to our big-daddy king size bed! For about 5 days, Reed and I were sharing an antique bed that's not much bigger than a twin. Yuck.
Anyways,
not to get sidetracked or anything... it was a grand ole time.

We cooked at the house every night which was nice for us since Chaps hits the hay around 7:30. Nutrisystem was put on hold. I can't resist my mom's chow...

Dad printed off about 50 pages worth of historical info starting from the year he was born... that was certainly a highlight....

yawn...

On Saturday we met Godfather Bill and Aunt Schuyler at Stinky's Fish Camp for lunch. It was so good to see them and Chappell looked stunning in her strawberry bubble. Thanks, S!
Chappell impressed us when she took to the restaurant highchair like an old pro. It was really cute-- she might not be quite big enough, as she kept slumping/sliding down every five or so minutes.
I didn't make it to the beach this weekend. Not once. Mom and dad tried to drive down, but it's been so dry lately they got stuck and had to be towed out of the sand. I kind of wish I was there for that, but it was about 200 degrees -- and to me, that's miserable. For the most part, we hung out inside with dad's new TV watchin' the Michael Jackson coverage. Or if Smith, ML or my nieces got control, Gossip Girl... which isn't so bad, actually.

Dad got a grill for the beach house and loves it!
Sorry this post is so lame, I think I still need to catch up on some lost sleep...
nap time, Chappell??

1 comment:

Allison & Michael Godwin said...

loved the post, not boring at all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails